Feb 23, 2009

The Oscars, and one loser.

So those Oscars were on again last night. I normally don’t watch them because I don’t watch enough movies to really know what’s good or not. And I don’t really follow the hype either. This year was a little different. I’ve been listening to and reading a lot more entertainment podcasts and blogs lately so I kind of had an idea of what was out there. Still didn’t make me want to watch most of the movies though. So, I decided to watch the last half hour and catch the really big awards. Silly me, to trust that there really was 30 minutes left according to the on screen menu. This brings me to the second reason why I don’t watch the Oscars. I always get this feeling that I will never have the recognition doing such great things. It just depresses me. But as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I got to thinking. Why am I looking up to these people in such a way? I mean really, these people are just actors. They are not in any way the people they are playing on screen. So they can cry on cue. They can portray another person well enough for you to think it’s all true. Good for them. But when the cameras are off, they are just normal folk like you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like OMG...You're leaving a comment. Awesome.