Jul 8, 2009

Damn you Google!

Google Chrome OS comming soon

I say damn you with much love for Google. I mean, I use Google for everything at home (my employer has yet to see the light). Gmail, Reader, Maps, Earth, search...I even write most of my blog posts with GoogleDocs (as I am right now). Oh, and my blog is hosted on Blogger; a Google owned site. I even dropped FireFox for Chrome. That was hard, but I'm a full Chrome believer now. I know there are some more Google apps I use, but just can't think of them.

Anyways...Google announced last night that there is a new project in the words. Google Chrome OS. It's first going to be for net-books. But as far as I can tell, they will be going after full desk-top systems too. That means my little ol laptop would be included. And get this ...

    "The software architecture is simple — Google Chrome running within a new windowing system on top of a Linux kernel." - Google Blog

That's awesome. Google + Linux = I want it. But this is the suck ass part. I just pre-ordered my copy of Windows 7. I guess the only thing keeping me calm about this is that I know it'll be a while before the Google Chrome OS will be available for a system such as mine. It's nothing fancy, but it's not a net-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like OMG...You're leaving a comment. Awesome.